Many people don't recognize that Coachella is not only a festival, but a city, a valley, a home. A home to many farm workers that endure tremendous heat year round, making them especially vulnerable to kidney failure and additional health issues. Coachella farm workers endure desert weather, many live in cramped up hot trailers and struggle with food insecurity. The climate change is greatly affecting these workers, and it's only gettting hotter this summer, so we are taking a moment to celebrate them as they continue to be at the frontlines of climate changes.
Since farm workers aren't ever invited to the Coachella Festival, the community is coming together to celebrate the farm workers and their families : FARMCHELLA! This event honors farm workers for their hard work, while providing them much needed relief through nutrition, education, resources and daily essentials. Farm worker families will be able to enjoy Folklorico, Danza, Mariachi, DJ, and a special guest artist performance.
- fresh fruits and vegetables (sponsored by ZA LAWYERS )
- personal hygiene products ( shampoo, toilet paper, etc. sponsored by RANCHO HUMILDE )
- household products
- new and gently used clothing
- diapers and baby items- y mas!
- low cost/ free immigration services
- labor union
- food security
- legal representation ( personal injury, work injury, employment, immigration )
- know your rights
- mental health resources